Why Your Body Needs Water
Water plays several important roles in the human body.
- Regulates body temperature through sweating and respiration. It helps to lubricate the joints for movement.
- Carries oxygen, nutrients, and hormones to various body parts for adequate functioning, and removes toxins and waste.
- Especially helps to maintain regularity of the bowels and prevents unwanted body aches and conditions such as heartburn, migraines, ulcers, kidney stones, and backaches.
Consuming adequate amounts of water each day can also help to lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke, as well as reduce cholesterol levels. How? Well, the more water you drink throughout the day, the more fluid leaves your blood vessels. When this happens, your blood vessels are able to relax. When the vessels relax and dilate, a decrease in blood pressure occurs. When the blood vessels remain relaxed and pressure lowers, the risk for other serious cardiovascular conditions decreases as well. Reduction in blood pressure specifically helps to decrease the risk of stroke and heart attack.
Why Pure Hydration?
Experience America’s most affordable all-natural home water ionizer, designed with un-matched .02 micron filtration. The proprietary carbon block mineral technology surpasses the pH, ORP, and antioxidant levels of other ionizers with the highest flow rate of any home water ionizer! Easy installation options allow for quick counter top or under-counter installation with plug & play outlets for a refrigerator or external faucet. A stylish and affordable design with built in filter change reminders and “touchless” germ-free operation. Experience the health benefits associated with drinking clean, pure Alkaline Antioxidant pH balanced water that is loaded with antioxidants and minerals.
How Much Water Does a Person Need?
With all of these different body systems relying on water to help them run optimally, how do you make sure you are consuming enough? Recommendations vary on this topic, but remember that water comes from more than just the bottle we drink throughout the day. It is believed that about 80 percent of water intake comes from drinking, and the other 20 percent comes from the food you consume throughout the day. The most recent recommendations suggest that women should consume 9 cups and men 12.5 cups of total beverages each day for optimum hydration.
Considerations That Affect Hydration
Now you know why you need water and how much, but what factors affect hydration changes besides how much you consume? Additional considerations relating to hydration include your physical activity level, current health state (such as if you have a cold or flu), heat, and humidity.
Sweating during activity is your body’s way of maintaining an adequate temperature. If you are working out and sweating, your body is losing water. Remember to hydrate before, during, and after a workout. If you feel ill and experience a fever, vomiting, or diarrhea, fluid intake should also increase to prevent dehydration. Lastly, be aware of your environment and how you feel. If you become uncomfortably warm or are exercising in hot or humid climates, be sure to consume above-average amounts of water.
Water’s Role in Weight Loss
Lastly, water works with your metabolism to help with weight maintenance. If you are hungry, drink a glass of water. If your body is lacking water, thirst can easily be mistaken for hunger. Increasing your water consumption can help contribute to a healthy weight-loss plan while providing your body with the many elements it needs to survive.